Saturday, November 12, 2011

TDay 3: Sunrises & Sunsets


(sunset from host family's house in Bijagual, Costa Rica)

You don't have to know me too well to know that I absolutely adore sunrises and sunsets. I know many people do so I am not claiming to be special in this. But I am so so so thankful for them.

Why do I like them so much?
1. They are pretty!
(sunset on the way to Arenal, Costa Rica)

2. They occur whether I stop and appreciate them or not
(sunset on a sailboat in the Whitsundays, Australia)

3. They remind me that beauty is important even if it will vanish rapidly
(sunset in Bijagual Costa Rica)

4. If God cares to make such a gorgeous thing that doesn't really have a 'purpose', what do I have to fear?
(sunset in Baiona, Galicia)

The times I have gotten up simply to watch a sunrise has always been so special. Makes me wonder why I don't do it more often!
(sunrise in Cape Tribulation, Australia)
(sunrise Natasket Beach, Hingham, USA)

I can remember where and what I was doing when I took each of these pictures! :)
(sunset Chilmark, Martha's Vineyard)

I would love to hear things that YOU love!
(sunset Jacó, Costa Rica)

No comments:

Post a Comment