Happy Birthday to MEEEEE!!!
On Wednesday, April 14, it was my birthday. I had no clue what to expect when I woke up that morning; on one hand I wouldn't have been surprised if my friends in Jorco would do something (maybe go get ice cream), but I'd also seen how my family didn't do anything for my host sister a couple days before. So I hoped there would be something but I didn't expect anything.
After class, trainees from different communities nearby came as a surprise with banana cake and guacamole; yummy! I felt so special that they would take the time to come to celebrate with me. We played charades and it was so much fun! I also felt so loved by all the emails, messages I received all day. Thanks! (I guess I didn't have to google what to do celebrate your birthday on your own - they don't have any good ideas anyway)
Tomorrow, I'm going with eight other business trainess for five days to a volunteer's site four hours north of San Jose and we will be observing her projects, teaching English, teaching computer, interviewing the community bank all the while being assessed and interviewed. It will be a fun trip but also pretty intense!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you had a good birthday! Guacamole with banana cake? Interesting! J&K
ReplyDelete