I just got back from visiting a VERY beautiful place: Bijagua. It is in the north and it is between two volcanos. Rio Celeste is right there and it is two rivers that come from that volcanos that when they combine their chemicals produce this bright blue color. Sooooo beautiful. There is a waterfall that is amazing too. (can you tell that I really liked the place?)
The reason I and eight other trainees went to Bijagua was for 'Tech Week' This means that we were going to take part in many different projects that the volunteer has at her site and that we will probably be taking part at our own communities. Throughout this week we were each assessed on how we taught English and computer classes, how we facilitated a meeting at a community credit bank and ran a youth meeting. This allowed the program manager to better assess where we are and for us to figure out what projects we are more interested in.
It was a very busy week but it was great! As I said before it was so beautiful and we had the first day to visit Rio Celeste. The host family I stayed with was awesome and I felt adopted into their family from the first instant (I have a place to stay whenever I want to return) The time with the other trainees was very special and the whole trip made me more excited about my own future site.
This coming Friday (the 30th) they will disclose where each of us will be spending the next two years!! There is a lot of secrecy around this so everyone is getting pretty excited to figure out where in Costa Rica we will be placed.
I hope each of you is enjoying and truly living wherever you are right now and making the most of all the blessings all of us have. Thank you all for being such an awesome support for me!
That waterfall does look amazing!!! I love reading your blog - sounds like you are doing great!!!
ReplyDeleteNoreen