Future home: Bijagual, San Jose, Costa Rica!!!!!! (15km from Jaco and right by the Carara Park)
Today was site assignment day and Peace Corps really does a great job at making it a special day for us. We got together at a country club type place and made a big deal about giving out the information.
I will be living in Bijagual, which is about a 3 hour bus ride to San Jose and 15km (though who knows how long it will take on public transportation) to Jaco, which is one of the major tourist beaches of Costa Rica. My community has around 1,000 people and they are located by the Carara park which attracts tourists. I'm very excited about my potential assignments; a lot of youth development opportunities in the HS (something I told them I was really excited about) and business coaching focussed on tourism and woman development. Next week I will be visiting my site and that will soo incredible!
Well, I'm off tomorrow to the other beach with most of the other trainees so I'd better get to bed soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whooo i'm so excited for you!!! =D
ReplyDelete