Yesterday, March 20th, was exactly 2 months into my
A few weeks ago the group of volunteers that I came in with and I (my group is called Tico 20) had a
Within Tico 20 I am part of CED (Community Economic Development) and we put on a skit that used the Oscars as the way to give out ‘awards’. We put together this video as an advertisement in the middle of our presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djlATPdQUpA
To end the conference we all had to write a 6 word memoir that expressed what our time with Peace Corps had meant for us. I wish I remembered all of them since they were very good. One was ‘win some, lose some, drink coffee’ or ‘two years pooping in the kitchen’ (since this person’s host family’s house was designed with the bathroom in the middle of the house, with no ceiling).
My six word memoir was/is: Embracing Life by Breaking Self-Imposed Boxes. Before coming to Peace Corps I never saw myself as the type of person that would go to Peace Corps, yet I have done it. Same with the marathon I ran right before coming to
You've been a treasure, Rose, and I have no doubt you will continue to rock the world wherever you end up. Here's to being box-free!
ReplyDelete