Yesterday I was hanging out with Dilan, a seven year old boy who is one my favorite kids here on site. All of a sudden he asked me:
D: Rose, ‘Santa Cruz’ doesn’t exist, right?
Me: Ummmm…. I don’t know…. (who/what/where is Santa Cruz???)
D: A lot of kids believe in ‘Santa Cruz’ but he doesn’t, right?
Me: Mhmm…. (???)
D: They believe that he brings gifts..
Me: Ahh!!! Santa Claus!!! Oh!! (wait! Do kids in first grade know Santa Claus doesn’t exist??? Am I going to get in trouble for this?? Rose, take the cowards escape)
Well… what does your mother say?
D: Maaaa! ‘Santa Cruz’ doesn’t exist, right?
Mom: Nooo
Me: Yup, Santa Claus does not exist, he is a story.
D: Like Snow White!!
Me: Yes, like Snow White
=)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Killed the poor kid's dream! Santa exists on the Caribbean you know. Reindeer have a hell of a time with the humidity but he comes through.
ReplyDelete